Who doesn’t love avocado toast? There’s so much good about it! First, it’s a really simple meal to make. Second, it’s nutrient rich and full of healthy fats. Third, it’s great for any time of the day. And last, you can get creative and make it so many ways!
I personally like to jazz up this health & tasty meal with some mushrooms. Not only goes it make the meal more savory and filling, but the mushrooms themselves are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Plus, it’s my go-to simple meal since it involves ingredients that I commonly have in my fridge and pantry. So give this super easy & delicious Avocado Smash on Toast with Garlic Mushrooms recipe a try anytime. I’m sure you’ll love it!
Keep scrolling to give this yummy recipe a go!
[recipe title=”Avocado Smash on Toast with Garlic Mushrooms” serving size=”1 slice” servings=”2″ time=”15 mins” difficulty=”easy” description=”An easy and simple recipe to jazz up your avocado toast!”][recipe-ingredients]
- 7 oz of mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 avocado (add another if you like your smash thicker)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices of bread
- hemp hearts
- sesame seeds
Wash mushrooms and slice.
Finely chop the garlic.
Heat the olive oil with the chopped garlic in a large pan on high heat.
Add the mushrooms to the hot olive oil and cook for 5 minutes on both sides until it is golden brow.
Add tamari and cook for 2 more minutes over low heat.
- If you choose to use balsamic vinegar, turn off the burner and remove mushrooms from heat before adding the balsamic vinegar.
While the mushrooms are cooking, halve the avocado(s), removing the seed and scraping out the flesh with a spoon. Add all the ingredients for the avo smash into your mortar and pester and smash until you have your desired texture. (Alternatively, you can mash the avocado with a fork). Adjust seasonings to taste.
Toast your bread slices (I prefer using sourdough) in a toaster.
Then spread the avocado smash on the toast and place the garlic mushrooms on top.
Sprinkle over some hemp hearts or sesame seeds .
- There is no particular mushroom you need to use, just go for for your favorite! I typically use porcini mushrooms.
- You can use either tamari or balsamic vinegar when cooking the mushrooms, but I personally prefer balsamic vinegar. Make sure to look read directions prior to cooking as the tamari is cooked differently than the balsamic.